Spice things up in the kitchen and the bedroom on Valentine’s Day with CHOC Chick’s Eastern Spice Raw Chocolate Hearts.
The online supplier of raw chocolate making kits and ingredients has come up with this gorgeous raw chocolate recipe especially for your romantic celebration.
The recipe sees raw chocolate get sweetened with honey, infused with Moroccan-inspired flavours and spices and enhanced with fragrant rose water.
Seduction by chocolate
CHOC Chick’s heart melting Eastern Spice Raw Chocolates
(makes approximately 30)
· 1 level teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 level teaspoon ground coriander
· 100g CHOC Chick organic raw cacao butter
· 6 tablespoons CHOC Chick organic raw cacao powder
· 3 tablespoons raw honey or Sweet Freedom
· 2 tablespoons rose water
· 1 handful pistachio nuts
1. Shell the pistachio nuts and chop finely. Set aside.
2. Set up your bain-marie on the hob over a low heat.
3. Add the ground cumin and coriander to the bowl and stir occasionally.
4. After three minutes, melt the cacao butter into the spices.
5. Next, whisk in the cacao powder and honey until completely combined.
6. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the rose water.
7. Divide the mixture into small baking cups or chocolate moulds and sprinkle with the chopped pistachios.
8. Chill in the fridge or freezer until set.
9. Present to loved one