Borthwick Castle is one of Scotland’s most famous medieval keeps, with a 600 year history including being a residence of Mary Queen of Scots in the 1500’s. The Castle has recently had a multi-million pound restoration and has now reopened as one of the UK’s most luxurious venues, with 11 bedchambers and offering exclusive hire for special events, parties and weddings.
It is situated just 30minutes from Edinburgh City Centre and is a stopping point on the recently opened Borders Railway route.
As well as being open to exclusive hire, the Castle is launching a series of ‘Borthwick Breaks’, throughout 2016. Each weekend guests will be able to enjoy luxurious accommodation, delicious food and drink and exciting excursions following different Scottish themes. The first Break is scheduled on 8th – 10th April and includes the following:
Borthwick Castle fit for a Queen
A Taste of Borthwick History
May 20th - May22nd
· A two night stay in Borthwick Castle.
· Chilled champagne on arrival.
· A historical tour of the Castle and its grounds. Discover the adventures of Mary, Queen of Scots, Lord Bothwell and see the East wall scarred by Oliver Cromwell’s cannon.
· A three course dinner on Friday evening.
· Croquet and boules available on the lawn as well as archery and falconry.
· Trips to the historical landmarks of Rosslyn Chapel and Crighton Castle.
· A delicious five course tasting menu on Saturday evening.
· Complimentary tea, coffee and soft drinks all weekend.
· Prices range from £800 to £1075 per couple.